Seresto Collar For Cats
R603.94 Excl. Vat
Only 1 left in stock (can be backordered)
CONTAINS: One 38 cm (12.5 g) collar.
COMPOSITION: Imidacloprid 100 mg/g, Flumethrin 45 mg/g.
- Controls ticks and ﬂeas on cats up to 8 kg and over 10 weeks of age.
- Repels and kills ticks for 8 months.
- It is effective against larvae, nymphs, and adult ticks.
- The product provides repellent (anti-feeding) activity against ticks, thus preventing repelled parasites from taking a blood meal and thereby reducing the risk of vector-borne disease transmission.
- The prevention of infestations with new ticks starts immediately after application of the collar.
- Treatment and prevention of ﬂea infestation for 8 months.
- Efficacy against ﬂeas starts immediately after application of the collar thereby reducing the risk of vector-borne disease transmission.
- Treatment and prevention of ﬂea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
- Protects the animal’s immediate surroundings against ﬂea larvae development.
- The product is water-resistant and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming, or after exposure to rain.
WARNINGS: Handle with care. Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons, and animals. DO NOT USE ON KITTENS LESS THAN 10 WEEKS OF AGE. Do not use in case of known hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients. Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek your veterinarian’s advice and notify the registration holder. Store away from food and feed.
PRECAUTIONS: While occasional contact with water does not reduce the effectiveness of the collar, frequent swimming or shampooing should be avoided. Wash hands with cold water after ﬁtting the collar. As with any veterinary medicinal products, do not allow small children to play with the collar or reﬂectors, or to put them into their mouths. People with sensitivity reactions to the ingredients of the collar should avoid contact with the collar. Keep the bag with the collar in the outer packaging until use. The packaging contains small items (reﬂectors) which pose a choking hazard. The clips should be evenly distributed on the non-overlapping part of the collar to ensure that the collar can be re-opened and the safety opening mechanism is not blocked. The collar should be worn continuously for the 8 month protection period and should be removed after the treatment period. In the unlikely event of the animal eating the collar, mild gastrointestinal symptoms (e.g. loose stool) may occur. Ensure that the collar is not ﬁtted too tightly. Occasionally slight twitching may be observed in the ﬁrst few days after ﬁtting, in animals that are unused to wearing collars. Slight hair loss and mild skin reactions due to the mechanical irritation of the collar may occur at the application site but this usually resolves within 1 or 2 weeks without the need to remove the collar. The safety of the product has not been established during pregnancy and lactation.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Use only as directed.
- One collar of 38 cm per cat weighing up to 8 kg to be fastened around the neck.
- Ticks already on the cat prior to treatment may not be killed immediately after collar application and may remain attached and visible.
- Therefore removal of ticks already on the cat at the time of application is recommended.
- Remove the collar from the protective bag directly before use.
- Unroll the collar and make sure that there are no remnants from the plastic connectors inside the collar.
- Adjust the collar around the animal’s neck without tightening it too tight (as a guide, it should be possible to insert 2 ﬁngers between the collar and the neck).
- Pull excess collar through the loop and cut off any excess length extending beyond 2 cm.
- After application of the collar, three reﬂector clips may be ﬁxed permanently to the collar to increase the animal’s visibility in the dark.
- Remove the clips from the bag.
- The clips should be evenly distributed on the non-overlapping part of the collar.
- The clips are correctly applied when a clicking sound is heard.
- For safety reasons once the reﬂectors are ﬁxed to the collar the clasp closes permanently and cannot be re-opened.
- The reﬂector clips contained herein are only meant to be used in combination with the speciﬁc collar and have been tested only for such use and purpose.
- The collar should be worn continuously for the 8 month protection period.
- Check periodically and adjust ﬁt if necessary, especially when kittens are growing rapidly.
- This collar is designed with a safety-closure mechanism.
- In the unlikely event of a cat being trapped, the cat’s own strength is sufficient to widen the collar to allow for quick release.
PRESENTATION: Tin containing one 38 cm (12.5 g) collar packed into a plastic bag and one additional plastic bag with three reﬂectors.