R1817.65 EXCL VAT
CONTAINS: Triclabendazole 10 % m/v.
WARNINGS: MILK WITHDRAWAL TIME: 14 DAYS DO NOT SLAUGHTER CATTLE, SHEEP OR GOATS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION WITHIN 28 DAYS OF LAST TREATMENT. Immunise all sheep and goats against pulpy kidney before dosing with ECOFLUKE. Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals. Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. Only for use in cattle, sheep and goats only. SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE. ECOFLUKE is a ready-to-use suspension. Do not dilute or mix with any other product.
Treatment strategy: Regular treatment with a compound effective against immature liver fluke can reduce the infestation present on the grazing. Freshwater snails serve as the intermediate host of the parasite. These snails live in open water or marshy areas and become infested from eggs passed in dropping of amongst others, cattle, sheep and goats. Together with the vegetation, grazing animals harvest the young liver fluke that emerge from the snails but before the fluke is capable of laying eggs and re-infesting the pasture. ECOFLUKE kills the immature stages. ECOFLUKE kills all ages of the liver fluke from 2 weeks old and is, therefore, indicated in the treatment of acute and chronic outbreaks. Treat all cattle, sheep and goats with ECOFLUKE before introduction to potentially dangerous pastures to prevent contamination of the pasture and infestation of the freshwater snail intermediate host.
- Cattle, sheep and goats on infested pastures must be treated with ECOFLUKE every 8 weeks to break the life cycle of the liver fluke and protect the liver. In this way liver fluke cysts are removed from the pasture and the developing flukes destroyed before they can lay eggs.
- Treat all cattle, sheep and goats with ECOFLUKE about 2 weeks after removal from infested pastures.
- Late winter treatment in August with ECOFLUKE of animals exposed to liver fluke during the previous summer is aimed at the elimination of carriers and prevention of re-infestation of the fresh water snail.
- Treat all cattle, sheep and goats with ECOFLUKE in November/December and before the end of summer (March/April) before exposing cattle, sheep and goats to pastures infested with fresh water snails. This prevents the snails from becoming infested by carrier-animals.
- Treat all newly acquired cattle, sheep and goats with ECOFLUKE before introducing to the flock.
Horses and donkeys are carriers of liver fluke and can re-infest the pastures in the absence of ruminants. Consult your veterinarian for control measures.
STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry place.