R565.24 INCL VAT
Imizol kills redwater (Babesiosis) and tick‑borne gallsickness (Anaplasmosis) organisms in cattle. It also prevents Asiatic redwater for up to 4 weeks and African redwater for up to 8 weeks in cattle.
Imizol® kills redwater (Babesiosis) and tick-borne gallsickness (Anaplasmosis) organisms in cattle. It also prevents Asiatic redwater for up to 4 weeks and African redwater for up to 8 weeks in cattle.
Contains: Imidocarb dipropionate 12 % m/v
- Withdrawal period:
- Milk from treated cows should not be used for human consumption within 6 days of treatment.
- Animals intended for human consumption should not be slaughtered within 213 days of treatment.
- Imizol® should only be used for preventive purposes in consultation with a veterinarian who must be fully conversant with local conditions pertaining to redwater infections/control as well as tick control for the area, farm or herd involved.
- Imizol® is not recommended for use after the expiry date (2 years after date of manufacture) as it may be ineffective and may even be harmful to the animal.
- Under certain circumstances of high challenge, virulent strains of Asiatic redwater cases may develop as early as 18 days after administering Imizol®.
- Vaccine warning: After treatment with Imizol® (2,5 ml/100 kg body mass) cattle cannot be effectively vaccinated against Asiatic redwater for 8 weeks and against African redwater for 16 weeks.
- Note to physician: This product in animal studies has been shown to be nephrotoxic and this should he borne in mind in the treatment of humans following accidental injection.
- Antidote: No specific antidotes exist. Symptomatic treatment is indicated.
- Dispose of empty containers according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Sterilise all injection apparatus and use a separate clean sharp needle for each animal.
- Swab the rubber seal of the bottle with methylated spirit immediately before puncturing with a needle.
- A swelling may occur at the injection site in some animals. These disappear without forming abscesses.
- There may be slight salivation after treatment.
- The dose must be administered strictly according to body mass and must not be exceeded.
- Take care to avoid accidental injection of operators.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Shake well before use.
DO NOT REPEAT THE DOSE WITHIN 4 WEEKS
- The dose rate must not be exceeded, and the treatment must not be repeated within 4 weeks. If there is no improvement within 24 hours consult your veterinarian.
- Inject subcutaneously or intramuscularly only (neck region or areas of least value).
- MUST NOT BE USED INTRAVENOUSLY.
Examples of the use of Imizol® for prevention of redwater
NB: Only on the advice and recommendation of a veterinarian for each set of circumstances.
- Outbreak of redwater in a herd.
- Movement of susceptible cattle into tick areas.
- Movement of susceptible animals through a redwater area.
- Movement of a herd of tick infested cattle into tick free country containing clean susceptible cattle.
- Purchase of cattle of unknown origin, i.e. susceptible or carrier cattle.
- Animals taken to shows or sales where there is a risk of redwater.
- To reduce the losses from redwater in feedlot cattle on their introduction.
Please note, we offer payment terms for approved businesses. To apply, please complete and submit the application form.