Ivomec Injection 1%
R397.03 – R725.55 INCL VAT
COMPOSITION: Ivermectin 1 % m/v.
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE
• Use only as directed. By subcutaneous injection only.
• Cattle: 1 ml per 50 kg body mass.
• Pigs: 1 ml per 33 kg body mass.
• Sheep: 0,5 ml per 25 kg body mass.
• Ostriches: 1 ml per 50 kg body mass.
• Do not administer by intramuscular or intravenous route.
• Use of a 2.0 cm 16 gauge needle is recommended.
• Use sterile equipment and follow aseptic procedures.
• Do not dilute or mix with any other substances.
• Cattle and sheep must not be slaughtered for human consumption within 21 days of last treatment.
• Pigs and ostriches must not be slaughtered for human consumption within 28 days of last treatment.
• Do not use in lactating cattle or sheep where milk or milk products are used for human consumption.
• Do not use in dairy cattle within 28 days before calving where milk and milk products are intended for human consumption.
• Do not administer intravenously or intramuscularly.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
• Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
• Do not re-use empty bottles.
• Refrain from smoking and eating while handling the product.
• Wash hands thoroughly after use.
• Vaccination of cattle against clostridium infections (e.g. black quarter) is strongly recommended.
• Sheep should be vaccinated against pulpy kidney (enterotoxaemia) prior to treatment.
• Store bottle in carton to protect from light.
NB. Transitory discomfort has been observed in some animals
following subcutaneous administration. A low incidence of softtissue
swelling at the injection site has been observed. These
reactions have disappeared without treatment.
IVOMEC® INJECTION is to be given subcutaneously only. Do not administer intramuscularly or intravenously. The solution may be administered with any standard automatic or single-dose equipment.
Use aseptic technique.
In cattle inject under the loose skin in front of or behind the shoulder. Use of a 2,0 cm 16 gauge needle is suggested. Appropriate vaccination precautions should be taken in areas where the risk of clostridial infections of cattle such as black quarter (sponssiekte) and malignant oedema are present.
In sheep the loose skin of the sheep behind the shoulder is an acceptable site. Other administration sites are the skin under the foreleg (axilla) and the inside of the thigh. Ensure that the needle is carefully inserted and that the solution does not leak from the injection site. In wool sheep, be certain that the needle has penetrated the wool and skin before delivering the dose.
In pigs administer subcutaneously in the neck.
In ostriches administer subcutaneously at the base of the neck or under the wing.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SHEEP
Nasalworm – An autumn treatment with IVOMEC® INJECTION for sheep will kill third larval stages of nasalworm and a spring treatment will offset new infestations of this parasite.
Roundworms and lungworm – Treatment with IVOMEC® INJECTION for sheep in the late autumn will remove residual summer roundworm burdens as well as first infestations of those roundworm species stimulated by cooler weather conditions. The spring ‘off-shears’ treatment will remove roundworm burdens which have built up during the winter and early spring infestations stimulated by the first rains. This will contribute to reducing the contamination of ‘clean’ summer grazing.
Sheep scab – Under certain circumstances, two treatments 7 days apart may be required to eliminate all scab mites.
Studies indicate that when ivermectin comes in contact with the soil, it readily and tightly binds to the soil and becomes inactive over time.
Drug containers and any residual contents should be disposed of safely (e.g. by burying or incinerating), as free ivermectin may adversely affect fish and certain water-borne organisms.
Please note, we offer payment terms for approved businesses. To apply, please complete and submit the application form.