Sulmetrim Plus NF
R270.26 Excl. Vat
Broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent for the treatment of infections in cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, horses.
Trimethoprim 4 % m/v
Sulphamethoxazole 20 % m/v
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Use only as directed
Trimethoprin-sulphamethoxazole is used to treat infections caused by bacteria that are sensitive to this combination. This includes infections of the respiratory tract, urogenital tract, alimentary tract, secondary bacterial infection during or following viral infection, arthritis, sepsis, mastitis, foot rot and wound infections.
Generally, the following pathogens are susceptible:
Actinobacillus, Actinomyces, Bordetella spp., Corynebacterium, Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae, Escherichia coli, Fusobacterium necrophorum, Haemophilus spp., Klebsiella spp., Listeria monocytogenes, Nocardia spp., Pasteurella spp., Proteus spp., Salmonella spp., Streptococcus and Staphylococcus spp.,Rhodococcus (Corynebacterium) equi and Taylorella equigenitalis.
If any doubt exists as to the diagnosis, it is advisable to consult a veterinarian before commencing treatment.
Sulmetrim Plus NF should be administered intramuscularly or intravenously in cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, horses, cats and dogs.
The recommended dosage in all species is 1 ml/10 kg body mass (equivalent to 24 mg/kg body mass) per day for 3 – 5 days. The total daily dose should be administered in two equal divided doses. Injection sites should be alternated.
When Sulmetrim Plus NF is administered intravenously to horses ensure that:
- the temperature of the injection fluid is approximately 37 °C;
- the horse receiving treatment is not sedated;
- the intravenous injection is administered very slowly, taking several minutes;
- prompt reaction is possible in the event of anaphylactic reactions;
- horses are monitored regularly after administering Sulmetrim Plus NF ;
- Intravenous therapy is limited to 3 days.
- Do not slaughter cattle and pigs for human consumption within 7 days of last treatment.
- Do not slaughter sheep, goats and horses for human consumption within 14 days of last treatment.
- Milk from treated cows must not be used for human consumption within 3 days of last treatment.
- Milk from treated sheep and goats must not be used for human consumption within 5 days of last treatment.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
Amber coloured glass vials containing 100 ml of solution.
Store below 25 °C. Protect from light.
Please note, we offer payment terms for approved businesses. To apply, please complete and submit the application form.