Tenaline LA 500ml
R481.60 EXCL VAT
COMPOSITION: Oxytetracycline 200 mg / mℓ.
WARNINGS: Animals may not be slaughtered for human consumption within 21 days of the last treatment. Milk from treated cows may not be used for human consumption within 8 days of the last treatment. Use only in cattle, sheep, goats and pigs. Do not inject intravenously. Do not inject piglets with iron preparations on the same day. Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder. Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons, and animals.
PRECAUTIONS: Consult your veterinarian for an accurate diagnosis.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. For the treatment of conditions caused by, or associated with oxytetracycline susceptible organisms, where prolonged antibiotic treatment is indicated, or where frequent animal handling and repeat treatment is not feasible.
- Cattle: For the treatment of tick-borne gallsickness (anaplasmosis), heartwater, pneumonia, footrot, joint-ill, navel-ill, and pink eye (Infectious Bovine Keratoconjunctivitis).
- Sheep & Goats: For the treatment of heartwater, pneumonia, footrot, joint-ill, and navel-ill.
- Pigs: For the treatment of pneumonia, joint-ill, and navel-ill. Do not inject intravenously. The basic dosage rate is 1 mℓ per 10 kg body mass by deep intramuscular injection (except in piglets – see below). The recommended site of injection is the side of the neck.
Usually, a single treatment is sufficient, but a second injection may be given after 72 hours in more chronic cases (eg Pink eye in cattle) A temporary swelling may be seen at the site of injection.
- Cattle: 1 mℓ per 10 kg body mass by deep intramuscular injection. Maximum 10 mℓ per injection site.
- Sheep & Goats: 1 mℓ per 10 kg body mass by deep intramuscular injection. Maximum 5 mℓ per injection site.
- Pigs: Piglets under 2 kg body mass: 0,5 mℓ subcutaneously behind the ear. Piglets 2 – 10 kg body mass: 1 mℓ subcutaneously behind the ear.
Please note, we offer payment terms for approved businesses. To apply, please complete and submit the application form.