Rotavec Corona vaccine 40ml (20 doses)
R1177.60 Excl. Vat
Rotavec Corona Vaccine
The Rotavec Corona vaccine is for the active immunisation of pregnant cows and heifers to raise antibodies against E. coli adhesion E5 (K99) antigen, rotavirus and coronavirus. These antibodies protect calves against these diseases. Antibodies are transferred through the colostrum. The vaccination must be administered 3-12 weeks before calving begins. The Rotavec Corona vaccine is a single shot treatment. It is the vaccine of choice amongst veterinary professionals as it has been scientifically proven in the field.
For the active immunisation of pregnant cows and heifers to raise antibodies against E. coli adhesion F5 (K99) antigen, rotavirus and coronavirus. While calves are fed colostrum from vaccinated cows during the first two to four weeks of life, these antibodies have been demonstrated to:
- Reduce the severity of diarrhoea caused by E. coli F5 (K99)
- Reduce the incidence of scours caused by rotavirus
- Reduce the shedding of virus by calves infected with rotavirus or coronavirus
Each 2 mℓ contains:
Inactivated bovine rotavirus 107,6 to 107,9 TCID50
Inactivated coronavirus 150 to 230 ELISA units
Inactivated E. coli K99 antigens 100 to 120 units
Adjuvant: aluminium and light mineral oil/emulsifier.
Preservative: thiomersal 0,0006 % w/v.
Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
Do not freeze.
Protect from sunlight.
- Withdrawal period: Zero days.
- Vaccinate only healthy animals.
- Do not mix Rotavec® Corona with other veterinary medicinal products.
- No information is available on the concurrent use of Rotavec® Corona with any other vaccines. It is therefore recommended that no other vaccine should be administered within 14 days before or after vaccination with Rotavec® Corona.
- Ensure that vaccination equipment and hands are clean before use.
- It is good vaccination practice when handling the vaccine to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Partly used vaccine vials should be discarded within 8 hours of opening. Destroy any unused vaccine, empty vaccine vials, needles etc. in accordance with local waste disposal regulations.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering Rotavec® Corona to animals
To the user:
Rotavec® Corona contains mineral oil. If you are accidentally injected with Rotavec® Corona, seek prompt medical advice even if only a very small amount is injected and take the package insert with you and show to the doctor. If pain persists for more than 12 hours after medical examination, seek medical advice again.
To the physician:
Rotavec® Corona contains mineral oil. Even if small amounts have been self-injected, Rotavec® Corona can cause intense vascular spasm which may, for example result in ischemic necrosis and even the loss of a digit. Expert, PROMPT, surgical attention is required and may necessitate early incision and irrigation of the administration area, especially where there is involvement of a finger pulp or tendon.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE.
Cows and heifers: A single 2 mℓ dose via intramuscular injection in the side of the neck.
A single dose should be given during each pregnancy at any time between 12 weeks and 3 weeks before calving is expected.
Syringes and needles should be sterilised before use and the injection should be made through an area of clean, dry skin taking precautions against contamination
Please note, we offer payment terms for approved businesses. To apply, please complete and submit the application form.